Are you ready to make your mark in Western Canada’s petroleum construction industry? Do you have what it takes to contribute to an exciting, well-established construction organization? Have you been waiting for an opportunity to use all of your skills and experiences you have acquired and put them to use?
Keller Construction Ltd., one of Western Canada’s leading construction companies, is looking for Petroleum Mechanics with a solid focus and background in Retail Petroleum Construction to join our team. This will be a great career challenge, this will take someone who is ready to learn, teach, grow and make an impact.
We are looking for individuals that approach work with the following core values:
Elevate Safety – We don’t just demonstrate safety, we define it daily
Lead to Succeed –We lead the industry and our company through our dedication to doing good work and sharing our knowledge with others
Take Care – We are the best when we demonstrate care for our clients, each other and our community
Make the Team – Being part of the team is about more than showing up; it is contributing and working for successful outcomes
Be Professional – We all play a role in the positive image we portray and how we are perceived
While reporting to the Site Superintendent, you will ensure that high quality performance and compliance to project standards is maintained while following safety and industry protocols. Responsibilities include installing underground and above ground tanks and piping, installing dispensers and associated systems, troubleshooting and repair of fuel dispensers, submersible pumps, fuel management systems and performing overall maintenance of fuel dispensing equipment.
Specific duties will include:
• Planning of jobs
• Installation of fuel pump dispensers, piping and storage tanks (above and underground)
• Removal fuel pump dispensers, piping and storage tanks
• Removal and installation of suction pumps, dispensers & Fueling systems
• Removal and installation of submersible pumps
• Leak detection and fault finding
• Installation of tank monitoring systems
• Must be able to interpret the relevant standards and regulations including National Fire and Environmental Codes
• Must be able to use the relevant hand tools such as pipe cutters, ratcheting pipe threaders, drills, angle grinders, power drills, etc.
• Qualified Petroleum Technician PM2 and PM3 or found eligible by the Canadian Petroleum Contractors Association (www.cpaonline.com) to challenge these examinations would be an asset
• KPS Petro Pipe System Certified Technician
• Franklin Fuel System Certified Technician
• Experience in installing OPW and KPS pipes and ZCL tanks