Are you ready to make your mark in Western Canada’s construction industry? Do you have what it takes to contribute to an exciting, well-established construction organization? Have you been waiting for an opportunity to use all of your skills and experiences you have acquired and put them to use?
Keller Construction Ltd., one of Western Canada’s leading construction companies, is looking for Foreman Carpenters to join our team to assist with projects in various locations. This will be a great career challenge and will take people who are ready to learn, teach, grow and make an impact.
We are looking for individuals that approach work with the following core values:
Elevate Safety – We don’t just demonstrate safety, we define it daily
Lead to Succeed –We lead the industry and our company through our dedication to doing good work and sharing our knowledge with others
Take Care – We are the best when we demonstrate care for our clients, each other and our community
Make the Team – Being part of the team is about more than showing up; it is contributing and working for successful outcomes
Be Professional – We all play a role in the positive image we portray and how we are perceived
While reporting to the Superintendent, Foreman Carpenters are ultimately responsible for managing field staff, onsite safety, mentoring apprentices and providing quality work. They will ensure that exceptional performance and compliance to project standards is maintained while following strict safety protocols and reporting standards while under the guidance of the Superintendent.
• Site Safety
• Safety Reporting
• Site Construction Activities
• Staff and Sub-Contractor Management
• QA / QC
• Assist the Superintendent with the site safety of all Keller team members
• Lead safety meetings and present required information to large groups
• Responsible for required site documentation and timely reporting as required by the Superintendent
• Accountable for all safety coaching, and orientations onsite as required by the Superintendent
• Ensure that all Keller employees and sub-trades receive necessary safety training prior to work commencement, including POST
• Maintain a visible and engaged presence on the site and act as a leader
• Work responsibly and professionally and maintain positive relationships with all project stakeholders and employees on site
• Delegate and direct all field personnel and subtrades to achieve completion of the project within schedule, budget, and ensuring quality workmanship under the guidance of the Superintendent
• Work closely with the Superintendent on a regular basis to ensure the site operates smoothly
• Perform carpentry and general labour
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ Foreman level work experience in construction with projects in the $1 Million to $15 Million range
• Effective typing, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in reading and interpreting contract requirements
• Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software. Knowledge of Procore is an asset.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping.
• Completion of an accredited apprenticeship program in Carpentry
• Retail Petroleum construction experience and knowledge of POST is an asset