Are you ready to make your mark in Western Canada’s construction industry? Do you have what it takes to contribute to an exciting, well-established construction organization? Have you been waiting for an opportunity to use all of your skills and experiences you have acquired and put them to use?
Keller Construction Ltd., one of Western Canada’s leading construction companies, is looking for Construction Safety Officers with experience in gas station construction to join our growing team. This will be a great career challenge and will take people who are ready to learn, teach, grow and make an impact.
We are looking for individuals that approach work with the following core values:
Elevate Safety – We don’t just demonstrate safety, we define it daily
Lead to Succeed –We lead the industry and our company through our dedication to doing good work and sharing our knowledge with others
Take Care – We are the best when we demonstrate care for our clients, each other and our community
Make the Team – Being part of the team is about more than showing up; it is contributing and working for successful outcomes
Be Professional – We all play a role in the positive image we portray and how we are perceived
While reporting to the Site Superintendent and Director of Safety, this position will act as the CSO for the project and ensure that high quality performance and compliance to project standards is maintained while following strict safety protocols and reporting standards. In addition, this position will provide carpentry and general labour work on site as directed by the Site Superintendent when not performing specific safety responsibilities.
- Site Safety
- Site Safety Training
- Safety Documentation and Reporting
- Site Safety Meetings
- Carpentry and General Labour work
- Act as site CSO to coordinate safety protocols for all workers and contractors and provide support for the Superintendent
- Full responsibility for site safety of all Keller team members and Keller subtrades
- Accountable for all safety coaching, and orientations onsite as required
- Ensure that all Keller employees and sub-trades receive necessary safety training prior to work commencement, including POST.
- Maintain a visible and engaged presence on the site and act as a leader in safety, assisting the Superintendent with pre-task hazards.
- Lead safety meetings and present required information to large groups
- Responsible for all required site documentation and reporting as required by the Director of Safety and the Client
- Assist the Superintendent with carpentry and general labour as needed
- Current CSO designation is required
- 3 years of demonstrable site safety exposure in commercial construction would be an asset
- Retail Petroleum construction experience and knowledge of POST would be an asset
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ demonstrable work experience in commercial construction carpentry
- Completion of, or enrollment in, the carpentry Apprenticeship Program or equivalent experience in the trade would be an asset