Are you ready to make your mark in Western Canada’s construction industry? Do you have what it takes to contribute to an exciting, well-established construction organization? Have you been waiting for an opportunity to use all of your skills and experiences you have acquired and put them to use?
Keller Construction Ltd., one of Western Canada’s leading construction companies, is looking for a Superintendent with a focus and background in Commercial Construction to join our team. This will be a great career challenge, this will take someone who is ready to learn, teach, grow and make an impact.
We are looking for individuals that approach work with the following core values:
– We don’t just demonstrate safety, we define it daily
Lead to Succeed
– We lead the industry and our company through our dedication to doing good work and sharing our knowledge with others
– We are the best when we demonstrate care for our clients, each other and our community
Make the Team
– Being part of the team is about more than showing up; it is contributing and working for successful outcomes
– We all play a role in the positive image we portray and how we are perceived
Keller’s Superintendents are ultimately responsible for managing all on-site construction activities daily on their sites and supervising personnel as required, to successfully complete projects efficiently, on schedule and within budget. They will ensure that high quality performance and compliance to project standards are maintained while following safety and industry protocols.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Employment Requirements and Qualifications:
- Coordinate and supervise all on-site daily construction activities
- Prepare and maintain construction schedules, order materials, and schedule inspections as required
- Work responsibly and professionally with all Engineers, Architects, Consultants and Owners on site
- Delegate and direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project within specified parameters of schedule, budget, and quality workmanship.
- Responsible for all Safety on Site
- Work closely with your Project Manager on a daily basis to ensure your site operates smoothly
- Attend Pre-Construction Meetings with your Project Manager prior to work starting, where schedules, scope of work, working hours and manpower requirements are discussed.
- Attend Kick-Off meetings, where all Safety Issues as well as Project Certification are discussed with Owners and Subcontractors
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ Superintendent level work experience in commercial construction with projects in the $0.5 Million to $15 Million range
- Ability to travel for certain projects in Western Canada is desirable
- Effective typing, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting contract requirements
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant discipline is desirable