Are you ready to make your mark in Western Canada’s construction industry? Do you have what it takes to contribute to an exciting, well-established construction organization? Have you been waiting for an opportunity to use all of your skills and experiences you have acquired and put them to use?
Keller Construction Ltd., one of Western Canada’s leading construction companies, is looking for a Resource Allocation Manager to join their team. This will be a great career challenge, this will take someone who is truly passionate about scheduling, business efficiency and asset management and is ready to teach, grow and make an impact.
The Resource Allocation Manager is a key role and will be ultimately responsible for all project field staff scheduling and management, equipment and tooling procurement, equipment maintenance and mobilization of equipment to and from project sites. This high profile role will also be involved in negotiating pricing and inventory management and is a critical contributor to the success of the organization, taking us to new levels of achievement.
We are looking for individuals that approach work with the following core values:
Elevate Safety – We don’t just demonstrate safety, we define it daily
Lead to Succeed – We lead the industry and our company through our dedication to doing good work and sharing our knowledge with others
Take Care – We are the best when we demonstrate care for our clients, each other and our community
Make the Team – Being part of the team is about more than showing up; it is contributing and working for successful outcomes
Be Professional – We all play a role in the positive image we portray and how we are perceived
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Maintain an ongoing understanding of all Keller projects
• Maintain a detailed understanding of available human resources, skills and experience
• Ensure that problems and challenges involving field personnel are effectively identified and resolved
• Communicate and collaborate with Superintendents and Project Managers to understand project requirements and ensure projects are effectively and efficiently staffed to meet time and budget requirements by deploying appropriate personnel
• Ensure that all owned materials and equipment is maintained, prepared for deployment in an effective manner, tracked and charged to the appropriate project.
• Provide new employees their tools based on position
• Responsible for site mobilization and demobilization of equipment and signage
• Negotiate pricing on equipment maintenance, service and rentals
• Contribute to Keller’s equipment and maintenance budget
• Responsible for coordinating required maintenance to Keller’s offices and facilities
• Coordinate and report on post job Warranty / Deficiency work
Experience and Qualifications:
• Proven ability to prioritize and schedule resources to multiple projects or clients
• Prior experience scheduling staff resources
• Demonstrable ability to lead and manage employees
• Demonstrable experience negotiating pricing and maintenance for equipment
• Proven experience tracking resources and inventory management
• Experience mobilizing materials to remote sites
• Prior construction industry experience is required